Tuesday, July 7, 2009

California, Here We Come


I've just arrived in Santa Cruz, California, where I'll be staying at the family beach house for three days, while I check out and move some stuff up to our new place in San Francisco! I'm currently sitting on the porch with a belly full of burrito, listening to the waves crash on the beach, contemplating a walk on the sand in a few minutes.

I'm not moving until August 1st, but I'm already so excited! I haven't even seen the house yet! I love moving - not so much the actual moving bit, but actually getting into a new space and getting to arrange my furniture and things - what a blast. I wish I could do that for a living. Oh wait, isn't that called Interior Design? Harharhar.

Still no fun art things, though I doodled a lot in my new notebook on the plane while the baby behind me screamed in my ears and I tried to drown it out by playing songs about sailors really really loud on the ol' iPod. It sortof worked, but I was pretty impressed that that kid managed to scream through the entire flight without stopping once. That takes some kind of stamina, I imagine.

Alright alright, I think it's time to go for that walk on the beach. I was stupid and forgot my camera, so no pictures of the new place tomorrow, but oh well! Everyone have a good Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment