Sunday, January 9, 2011

Everybody Wants Their Shoes in the Sunshine


Thanks to everyone's advice in my last post, I've finally found some inspiration! Finished one painting, and currently working on this one - I call it "guts" for now, as a fond nickname. In the library downstairs, I have an anatomy book for nurses from 1908 that is one of my favorite things to look at lately. It's funny, because anatomy, blood, anything inside the body used to gross me out - since we had to watch an open heart surgery in 6th grade and I passed out in class. But now, I can't get enough of it. Madness.

Almost through Post-Captain by Patrick O'Brian- second book of the new year, in the first two weeks! Yay! It's been so cold in San Francisco lately - bundling up with a book and a hot cup of tea has been just blissful.


When I was in Seattle over the holidays, we went to the Harry Potter Exhibition for my little sister's birthday (she's the one in the middle, I'm the one in the hat making the really doofy thumbs-up) and it was AWESOME. They had the whole place set up like you were actually walking through Hogwarts; it even snowed at the train platform, and the portraits on the wall moved. It was magical. Yes I am a nerd. They had a bunch of props on display, including all the books and Weasley products and Quidditch merchandise - I swear, designing those must have been a graphic designer's dream job. I am so jealous!

Hope everyone's enjoying January and 2011! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow im loving that work-in-progress, I love your sailor theme but that piece is going to be amazing! Its fun to try something different to stay sharp ;)

    ReplyDelete