Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Clinging to the Shrouds

So I was looking back through old entries today, when I came upon one in which I mentioned a painting I was working on that was not finished yet. This painting was pretty huge, especially when compared to the ones I just finished, and I recall getting only so far before I promptly gave up on it. 'I'll come back to it someday,' I told myself, as I put it in the garage, 'When I am more inspired.' It sat there for at least five months. Five! A few weeks ago, I finally decided to finish it. Here's what it looked like in February, and all through until August:


Yeah, remember that one? Oh Mick, you didn't look too good at all. Here's what it looks like now:


Much better! Now that I look at it, he may be suffering from a case of big-headedness, which I tend to represent, but it could be the angle at which I took the picture. Either way, it's a pretty solid transformation! I can hardly tell it was once the same painting!

I forgot about the photoshoot I mentioned last time - it went swell! I'll share pics next time. We went with a Sherlock Holmes theme. I was Watson. Hahaha. See all you kids later! xoxo.

1 comment: