Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Precious Captive Swan


I watercolored a quick painting of my barn owl girl the other day, when Leigh and I went on a picnic to the beach near my house. Barn owl girl always looks sad; I think she is being forced to marry a foppish peacock gentleman while, in fact, her heart belongs to another. Maybe.

Less than a week between blog posts! Are you all proud of me? There's been a lot going on in my life, too. We found a house in San Francisco, I hear, so I'll be moving down there in August! (Hopefully I will find a job before my money runs out, har har.) I'm excited anyway, I love San Francisco and the people I'm moving in with. Hooray~

I think tomorrow I will take the bus out to the beach again. I've become a total beachcombing addict. Not that I haven't been all my life. When I was a kid I had a huge shell collection - stupid me decided to throw it out when we moved. Idiot! Here's the haul I got from my birthday last week, when I scoured the beach with my mom:

We even found two tiny pieces of blue and one tiny one of pink! I also found some pottery shards, which always excite me. I think it's the history geek in me. Anyway, I better figure out what to do with this stuff before I run out of more room - What do you all think? What do you do with seaglass and shells? I'm thinking I might make some jewelry...

Well, until the next time we meet, thanks for reading and have an awesome day!

2 comments:

  1. my great grandma used to collect colored glass and melt them in a kiln so they looked like little river stone, then she would decorate things with them. I remember a birdbath. It's hard to find colored glass like that these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhuuuu! That background looks creeptastic. I can't wait to have craft days with you holycrap.

    ReplyDelete