Saturday, May 2, 2009

Keep On Keeping On

Wow kids, it has been far too long since I've updated this place! Work is just killer lately, and on my days off I just sit in bed and try to recoup. I know, it's the same excuse over and over again! Well no more - I'm getting back in the groove of things.

And speaking of the groove of things, here's a little something I've been working on lately! It's inspired by the latest album, The Hazards of Love, by The Decemberists, whom you may have seen on The Colbert Report the other night.


But Father, don't you fear
your children now are here
singing oh, the hazards of love


The story is that this guy (the Rake) decided he didn't really like his children so he killed them all, and then they come back and do away with him. In short. That's just part of the album. It's sort of amazing.

ANYWAY. Yes. It's a 4x6 shadowbox as a frame. I painted the inside white. Cut out the Rake from some white cardstock, and the ghosts of his children are from tissue paper (which is extremely hard to cut!). I left the back off to let the light through. I think it looks pretty darn cool!


Well that's all for now. I'm working on some new paintings and lots of other things. Tata and see you soon!

6 comments:

  1. as an avid fan of the decemberists this sends my heart into absurd amounts of pitter patter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Craftgrrla and I have to tell you two things:

    1. This shadowbox is beyond amazing.

    2. I want to decorate an entire room of my home in Mick paintings.

    Thank you :)
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I love this piece. And agreed! Tissue paper is insane to cut into any shape that isn't exactly organic.

    ReplyDelete