Saturday, January 31, 2009

My house is too dark to take photos.

So, I have this sailor guy I created last summer while working at the zoo. His name is Mick. He is sortof my muse.

And I'm kindof painting him. I put on the Decemberists the other day and just let myself go crazy. Except I have no idea what else to add to this stupid thing. Obviously I'm going to add the blue outlines of the whitecaps on the waves on the left side, but other than that, no clue. HMM.

Yes, his face is sortof creepy. I have a sortof creepy new style. I sortof like it. And I sortof paint/draw/sketch/doodle Mick my sailor guy a LOT. My sketchbook right now has about 95% of the pages filled with Mick. The other 5% are his sailor friends or random notes and doodles. Like the doodle I did of the guy who works at Fred Meyer. Anyway.

Mick Spinner is a sailor. He is from Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment