Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Dream Come True.

I suppose I should introduce myself. I might as well, right? My name is Kat. I am 21, and I just graduated college a semester early, and no, I do not know what I am going to do with my life. I like to do arty things. Hence my degree in Fine Arts - no there was no emphasis, the art department was too small to have emphases, it is just Fine Arts. If I could make a living doing arty things, I would very much like it. Perhaps someday I will be able to. Who knows!

About a week ago, my sister got her own apartment nearby. Therefore, she has moved out of the house that currently only my mother and I live in. After much labor and toil and several days of moving all of her stuff, her previous room was ultimately left empty. What was to become of it? It was to become my dream, that's what.



A studio! All for me and my art supplies! I set it up two days ago and have spent all day every day in it since then. The picture is a little bit small, but my favorite part is the wall perpendicular to the desk - my ship wall! I collect various ship paintings, photos, etc, and also do a lot of them myself. I have a love (bordering on obsession) of all things nautical.



This is the wall behind my chair, with six of the last paintings I did in college! They were super quick watercolors that I did right before my friend and I ran off to a concert as they were due the next day, whoops. Oh, and to the left is a print of a friend I did in printmaking class, and the giraffe at the bottom is a print my professor traded with me for one of my own.

How's that for an introduction? I'm going to try my hardest to actually update this thing, let's see if I can manage to accomplish that!

No comments:

Post a Comment