Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Work and Science

Here's a piece that's currently in the works. Just finished inking it, so now I can start with the painting part, aw yeah!

Been going through my shell collection - it is getting monstrous! I want to classify them all, but after browsing a few websites, I still can't seem to tell the difference between some shells and others. Also, I just learned that keyhole limpets and true limpets are two different things. Science! It's too bad I'm getting into science now, and not when I was in school when it could have saved my grades a little.

Last but not least: I happened upon a giant damaged canvas at work, managed to bring it home, and my four roommates and I decided that we should make a house-collab painting. Needless to say, it sat on the wall for a few months, white and untouched, but finally the other week we decided to go for it! With two Saturdays and the help of free brushes and paint (thanks, art store job) we managed to make a masterpiece. At least in our minds. Collab paintings are so so so much fun.

Well, that's all from me for now. But, oh! There are going to be brand new prints in the shop very soon, so keep your eyes peeled! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment