Saturday, February 28, 2009

Goodnight Moonlight Ladies


Ooh, look at that. Notecards for sale at my etsy. I'm going to post more, and hopefully I will get a sale or two :]! Wouldn't that be nice.


In other news, this is what I've been working on a little bit lately. I'm making a Mick and Co. quilt! I'm really stoked about it, it's the first time I'm going to use embroidery in a quilt, and also I bought these adorable cream-colored crocheted doilies to applique onto it too. The color scheme is tan/beige/cream and navy/blue. I think it's going to look really neat when it's done.

I took a 2 hour and 40 minute walk today, and boy do my feet and legs hurt! But I love walking, I'm trying to get more into it. Or at least do it more often.

My mom and I then went to Half-Price Books, one of my favorite places on earth, and I went a little crazy. I got a humongous stack of books, all of which have to do with sailing and the sea, except for a book of Aubrey Beardsley illustrations, yum. Aside from that, I got a tiny book about the history of whaling (no, I don't condone whaling, but the pictures of the ships and sailors are awesome), a national geographic book about fish, a time life book called "The Explorers" that goes with my books "The Frigates" and "The Pirates" in the same series, a book of Winslow Homer ship paintings, an amazingly illustrated version of "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", and a journal of a sailor's exploration to the polar seas in Canada. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment